We welcomed Kiahra to the family. Here her big sister was meeting her for the first time in the safety of Grandpa's arms.
Now she is officially registered for high school this fall. She is flying alone this summer. She is a ballet soloist in the upcoming performance.
My little girl is growing into a young woman, but that reality squeezes my throat and makes my eyes fill with tears...not because I am not proud of her today...I am...but because she is beginning to spread her wings and I know someday (sooner than I want) she will begin her solo flights away from the nest.
Today I will just hold her tight as the memories roll over me, so it is only suiting we will dine ocean front this evening. I will treasure every moment beside the roar of the waves because too soon it will only be a very fond memory!
*sniff*
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday baby girl;)
Sweet picture.... Time goes way too fast... Happy bday lovely!
ReplyDelete