Sunday, April 1, 2012

Spring Break



My boys love to bike.



As I joined them on the oceanside trek, I had no idea that the spectacular views would take my breathe away!



The cliff-top trail rises nearly 50 feet above the shoreline.



The rugged, raw beauty juts into the skyline!



My oldest boy can't resist showing off for me--even after all these years! He still makes my heart flutter!



Nature frames the celestial moment.



Then the pure power of the ocean roars in the giant swells--15-20 feet high!



The high surf relentlessly pounded the shoreline...



leaving the foamy residual blowing on the shore.

****************

Behind the scenes on the trail, the recent rains left slimy mud and puddles behind. Apprehensively, I embraced the experience though every cell of my being wanted to avoid the muddy mess my boys so willing embraced; however, I slowly adapted to trail riding and in the end arrived home mud splattered and smiling. We tumbled off our bikes and into the camper for the warm supper Kiahra had waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment