Sweet sixteen.
It brings so much.
A driver license.
Maybe a summer job.
Upper classman rank this fall.
Dreams of scuba diving.
Somewhere the years have slipped through my fingers like sand, and my little girl has grown into a young lady with a radiant smile that lights up her face (and gets us outstanding service from young waiters).
The mischievous twinkle in her eyes as she quietly and sarcastically adds her two cents--I have seen that before too! A long time ago a dear family friends commented that she was serious as a baby--because even then she could keep a straight face!
Her gentle heart attracts kids...and occasionally surfaces with her siblings, as yesterday she took her free track pass for her birthday a day early...so she could celebrate her sister's birthday that she missed last year due to a track meet. Today she will run at practice--on her own birthday. My little sweetheart who always generously shared her hugs and love...still does.
The years may continue to slip through my fingers, but I am grateful today to pause and wish my oldest daughter Happy 16th Birthday!
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:)
ReplyDelete<3 you girly!
Missing you Birthday girl...
ReplyDeleteMy goodness! What a beautiful picture! What happened to that little girl who spent so much time at my house?! Good thing I get to see pictures of her once in a while, otherwise I may not have recognized her in this one! Rochelle
ReplyDelete