
Last night my youngest daughter drew my portrait. She asked me what color my hair was, and I told her I couldn't see it, so she would have to color what she saw.
A little later she brought me the picture proudly proclaiming she used all the colors in my hair--"brown, blonde...and, see mom? I even used a little grey!"
Then she pointed to my hair and continued, "See mom, there it is, right there!"
"Yes..." I conceded reluctantly, as she scampered away. As I finished making dinner, I pondered this, wondering why she couldn't have left it out--after all I don't wear blue eyeshadow, ever!? Or at least she could have found a pretty silver crayon that sparkles...so I could at least feel valuable?
Later, I found her completed masterpiece on the shelf with the message added. Sweetness that completely melts my heart and erases the grey ponderings!
Aww.... How cute is she?! Miss you guys...
ReplyDelete