Friday, March 4, 2011

Just when you think no one notices...

A few days ago, I had to make an early morning pit stop at the grocery store for a few forgotten items for the dinner I was trying to create in the crockpot--my feeble attempt to be proficient on my busy days.

I love the grocery store in the early morning hours. I love cruising through the aisles alone, and I utterly love the fact I almost know the aisles well enough to find my ingredients proficiently! Re-learning a grocery store after relocation is so frustrating.

Anyway, as I approached checkout the clerk was busy, so I opted for self check-out...and frankly it is my habit.

Then as I left, I dropped my basket in the stack by the door when I heard a voice. I turned, and the busy clerk inquired if I collected the stamps for their promotional items. I admitted I did, but that I hadn't spent enough to request any.

Smiling she unrolls the stamps and generously rips off a chunk for me, and whispers conspiratorially, "Don't tell, but you have been so sweet and thoughtful this morning. Thank you."

I smiled and thanked her. As I walked out, my heart was smiling too.

No comments:

Post a Comment