My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are gray.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take
My sunshine away.
Chayse's sweet voice tumbled from the backseat as we cruised down the road last week. The words chirping from her heart as she practiced for her open house performance bring sunshine to me rainy days.
Today I can hear her voice again, as I gaze lovingly at the morning sunshine after a long absence. It is radiating in through the branches...across the sky...smiling on my flowers.
I can find those elusive rays wherever I look, and my heart sings.
The sunshine is even reflected in my new kimono (a very clever surprise from my husband). Its vibrancy seems even livelier today as I touch the soft silk. I am curious. I want to wear it perfectly. I wish my friend Yoshi were here to help me. She and her little boy would meet Chayse and me frequently in Pittsburgh. I miss her friendship. She would know how to make my kimono beautiful on me. She would smile patiently as she worked with me. Her eyes would twinkle. We would laugh.
I know someone else can teach me, or I can uncover the secret via the internet, but today, I am basking in the warm memories of our friendship. One of the bright rays that my life's adventures have brought me.
Good work on the great gift ron!! Send me a pic sis!
ReplyDelete