I looked in a box today, and it was not near as exciting as the Cat In the Hat. I wish he would visit, though, and help me unpack a few more boxes. I am ready.
I am home.
Home is a very evasive place for me. Sometimes my heart and physical home are in two different places.
We were home for Christmas...to my childhood home. BUT now it is time to embrace my home in California.
It is officially home. Six months ago I arrived, and at times I have struggled to "be" home here; however, after a grueling return roadtrip complete with ice, snow, and blizzard conditions for 800 miles, I was happy to be home where it was 53 degrees and the sun was shining.
Within minutes of our arrival, our faithful neighbor lady came to welcome us home and bring us our mail. Her teenage daughter chatted patiently with Chayse on the curb.
I will unpack a few more boxes within the next few days. I only wish the Cat in the Hat would come along and clean up after thing one and thing two and thing three and thing four!
Sunday, January 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you made it home safe and sound, I was thinking of you every time I heard about a storm!
ReplyDelete