yepp
lol
nope
ttyl
One word texts.
I am not the queen here. I have too much to say. Too many words rolling around in my brain. I want my sentences complete and punctuated. And, honestly, I want to feel the words...the emotion of the sender...and see the entire word!
Perhaps it is a good mental exercise for me to text. Maybe (and I am stretching here...) it is even good for my thumbs, though I will never acquire the speed of my daughters. Possibly I will even learn to like short and sweet.
Or not.
I text because my children text me when they need something or to confirm a location/appointment. Sometimes I text for convenience to ask a quick question or leave a note. Seldom do I text for pleasure. I find it tedious.
I am from a different generation. I will always love to hear the voice of a friend or family member. I will always love the banter of good conversation. One that says I took the time to call and I am listening to you.
I am old. How do I know? My kids tell me so.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too funny! Sounded like our texts yesterday!
ReplyDelete