My dad had surgery yesterday. He slipped on the ice and broke his leg last week; however, the surgery was on the ankle that he severely twisted which is what caused the fibula to break. He now has a couple screws in his ankle, which I am slightly entertained by...because everything that keeps the farm running has a screw or two in it, and my dad is very proficient at keeping things running.
Anyway, now he is home with his leg elevated. He doesn't like his crutches,
AND he has to stay completely off his foot for 8 weeks. Kade just pipped up to inform me that is 56 days...well it is 55 now, Grandpa.
I believe this is the first broken bone my father has had. I know this is the first time he has been immobilized in my lifetime. For those of you who don't know my father, he is always busy. He is not a man that sits well for long periods of time, so I suspect each day will be a challenge.
However, he is in good spirits. His prognosis is good. If he is patient, he will be back up and "running" again soon.
In the meantime, I am so grateful my "little" brother is there to keep the farm running.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Not to worry LeRoy, If you wind up losing a screw let me know we have many shapes and sizes here in California!
ReplyDeleteOnry