Friday, January 14, 2011

Today is my little sister's birthday. I have her birthday present sitting on the counter. It has been there all week. It is perfect. I wonder when it will arrive? I am sure she will be curious now too. Nonetheless, my intentions were honorable. I love you, Lisa! Happy Birthday!

*********************************

On another note...

As I was cruising through Costco with my little helper today, an insistent vendor wanted me to try his product. Finally, I just took it, said thanks, and moved on when I suddenly realized he had asked a question. At which point, I turned back with a quizzical look.

He repeated "From back East?"

Suddenly it dawned upon me that he wanted to know where I was from, so I answered, "Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania."

He grinned broadly and pointed to his ear, "I hear it!"

Ironically, English was clearly his second language.

*********************

1 comment: