Just in case you missed the game yesterday, the Steelers are headed to the SuperBowl...again.
It is official, my family has become faithful fans. Someone even found the Terrible Towel.
Today I had lunch with a friend who was proudly wearing her Steelers sweatshirt. She is passionate about her Steelers--has been since childhood in West Virgina. No SuperBowl party to interfere with her watching the game. There are not very many faithful fans here, so it is fun to share a mutual love.
I have to admit I am not a big football girl, but slowly I am learning the game, and I watched a lot of football in Pittsburgh--even had the opportunity to see one game from a box seat (which is definitely the way to go) as the snow drifted down. Now I am curious enough to tune into the game. Okay, so I don't just sit and watch the entire game, but I do check in from time to time and check out the replays if my household audience response makes me aware of a big play. It is very handy that way.
Conversation awareness is generally compromised during these games, so it is an excellent time to ask for things because the murmured response will be generic and in the affirmative. Right ladies??
Anyway, my daughter is shopping for a jersey. She was the sole supporter of the Steelers in her class, so now she has to make a point...or two. Hopefully, with her passionate support the Steelers can bring home another Superbowl title. I know she has California covered and making converts daily :)
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha I love how spicy she is!
ReplyDeleteUgh football.....lucky me the Vikings did awful so my season of man and kids yelling at TV was over early!