Monday, February 14, 2011

In our all daily cruising, Chayse has taken to trying to read the words around her or at least spelling them.

Mom, what is iiibbbmmm?

Where?

On that building. At the top.

IBM.

Oh, I explain the concept of an acronym which is tested a few minutes later.

ASB. Ayako School of Ballet.

However, the next one stumped me.

Mom what does SHLT say?

It doesn't have a vowel, so it isn't a word, maybe it is an acronym, I comment as I look everywhere to identify the source. We are at the junior high school waiting for Kiahra. I give up.

Where is it?

On that sign, mom.

I look at the sign. No skateboards...blah, blah, blah ordinance.

Yes, that sign, mom...see it?

Ah...a barely visible spraying of graffiti on the sign.

What does it say? she persists.

Well, that vowel that was missing...well it wasn't really missing. Sh*#.

I am left wondering why, out of all those words she picked that one, as I nonchalantly try to move on feigning I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment