Saturday, February 19, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring,
It's raining, it's pouring...

My big girls are giggling in the kitchen creating cakes. It is their first adventure with fondant. Anastasia is playing in the background or should I say foreground at that volume??




My little girl is playing in her room. It is delightfully disastrous.

Kade is already off to the hockey rink.

I sit here awaiting inspiration.

My thoughts drift to my morning chat with my dad. He had watched Kade's hockey video.

He commented, "Boy, those kids can get around on that ice."

"Yes, it is definitely fun to watch. Kade was on the ice for four hours yesterday."

I heard Grandpa chuckle, and then he said, "I remember when my little brother learned to skate. He went down to the creek (that runs through the family farm) to skate every day when he got home from school."

I smiled. A little boy who was learning something new and tenaciously practicing. Kade will love this story.

Family stories create ties that bind.

1 comment:

  1. We need to visit... i miss your babies! How did the cakes turn out?

    ReplyDelete