maybe it is time for lemon meringue pie. Also, perhaps we could create some lemon ice. This giant stainless steel bowl of yellow on my table is waiting.
In the meantime, we cruised down the coast yesterday. The tide was tumultuous as it crashed into the rocky coast line. I love the ocean. We also discovered a quiet little sandy beach nestled amongst the rocks. As we walked along the shore, the kids started to run and soon they were all running down the beach. As I gazed at their footprints in the wet sand, I realized that the imprint had toes, and when I looked up I saw Kiahra sprinting across the sand, shoes in hand as she raced after her brother, hair blowing in the wind and the faint voices accompanied by the crashing waves.
The ocean rejuvenates the soul. It is the meringue of California for me.
It sounds so amazing! Especially compared to all the snow and late start inclement weather days I am having here! I have been making everything lemon lately (trying to cut back chocolate). I have tried ton's of recipes and officially have THE best lemon bar and lemon cupcake recipes... now if only I had that tree!
ReplyDelete