Six months ago Kade embarked on his hockey dream. I took him to his first skating lesson.
Yesterday I watched my first game (bundled in my winter gear).
In the past few weeks I have observed his increasing skill each time he steps on the ice, so I was excited. Kade sports a dark red jersey that reads ICE on the front and 3 on the back. Click on 'game' above and it will (theoretically) link to my first YouTube download. It was our feeble attempt to capture a few minutes of play.
Nonetheless, Kade played with heart. He made his first goal.
Proud. Absolutely, but nevermore so, when after Kade had set up a beautiful assist for his teammates, and I heard in the bleachers, "That was a great set-up. Very nicely done."
The moment when he quietly set up his teammates for potential success made me the proudest. Teamwork--seizing the opportunity to work together. Sometimes when we aren't front and center we don't think anyone notices...but those are the moments everyone notices.
When Kade had the opportunity to shoot for the glory but instead shot for a teammate, I smiled because his hero is Malkin who plays for the Pittsburgh Penguins and often sets Crosby up for a goal.
At his first Penguins game, he selected a Malkin hat. That hat is loved. That hat is worn daily. That hat still makes me smile. Especially today.
Disclaimer: Do not touch the hat (not that you would want to!)
Owwww nice going kade! He looks so grown up in his gear.... I miss that kid!
ReplyDelete