Sunday, June 20, 2010

Badlands

The Badlands National Park is a fascinating place which I have only admired from afar until yesterday.



While the unique landscape of the Badlands does not abound with color, the following photos were inadvertently shot in black and white. I like the result, though I wish I could add a touch of color here and there. Nonetheless, our adventure in the Badlands is captured.

Jadin and Kade loved climbing and exploring, but here they rest for a minute to enjoy the bird's-eye view.



"Pretty flower!" (Don't tell the ranger, please...)



Morgan, Kiahra, and Nikela enjoy the summit.



Cute cousins sit for a moment during their climbing adventures!



Throughout the afternoon, we paused for a photo or two (notice the return of color!)



Our day was filled with laughter...



...special family moments...



...friendship...



...and few hikes...



Despite the initial concerns as to why the lands were bad, it proved to be a wonderful day in those crazy Badlands!

No comments:

Post a Comment