"Can we just keep going?" pleaded Kiahra, "I don't want to spend one more night in a motel."
Jackpot, Nevada. A casino oasis in the desert as one crosses the border from Idaho. The cool air conditioning welcomes visitors and then entices them with flashing lights and the promise of big payouts. Everything is new and clean. A billboard proclaims Trace Adkins' performance tonight. However, we uncover a wonderful Mexican buffet and for that I will remember Jackpot!
And the great dinner conversation between Morgan and Nikela. I am not sure what led to Nikela's comment, "When I went fencing in the mountains with my dad..."
To which Morgan replied, "What? Why did you have to go to the mountians to do that?"
Nikela, realizing that Morgan was not on the same page, explained, "We dug holes and put fence posts in the ground and built a fence," as she animatedly demonstrated with her hands the placing of the post in the ground.
Laughter often filled our adventure, but this moment was exceptional. Fencing...something one does with swords or something one builds. I would love to see Ron and Nikela fencing with swords in the mountains!
Did I mention the sweet smell that greeted me as I walked up to the house for the first time? The vine on the fence was in full bloom and I believe it is Jasmine. In the evening the scent is delightful!
Now all the cleaners I am using in attempt to remove the grime from the kitchen cabinets are not near as sweet smelling...but I am almost done, so I should get back to work!
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Too funny, Mike gets that reaction a lot!
ReplyDeleteYou have to clean.......Dang!
Laurie