Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Toast

WoooHooo! I found the toaster. Last night the girls were attempting a non-toasted version of cinnamon toast. Didn't appeal to me at all.

AND I also uncovered the telephone. Last time it took over a month to figure out which box it was in. I just bought a new one. Of course, this telephone was packed before my service was even disconnected, so I couldn't retrieved messages. I found it in the bake ware box this time. Perfectly logical, right?

Details.

All in a move, right?

Of course there are some good surprises too...like these Twizzlers that I uncovered that are helping me maintain my momentum :) Though I don't know why the kids weren't interested in the anchovies that I found for lunch??

Actually, I am looking for my favorite mixing bowls. Any guesses on how long it will take me to find those?

Unpacking really isn't all bad...it is the preparatory cleaning that kills me.

Kade took a lesson in grilling last night from his dad, so for lunch he grilled burgers he found in the freezer. I figured he had it all under control until he asked me why they were white underneath. Huummm. I headed back to the freezer only to discover they were turkey burgers. All was well again. I explained they were supposed to be white since it was turkey meat. Lunch was good...turkey burgers and all!

Now I need to find those bowls, so the girls can make salsa and guacamole to go with those CostCo chips. Did I mention that CostCo is maybe 10 minutes away? Also, I was so excited to go into Safeway that Ron was worried as I meandered through the aisles. When he asked me what I was looking for I tried to explain the comfort I found in familiarity--even though Safeway has undergone a makeover...for the better!

Focus, Lori..back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment