Though the boys were all about taking it up a few gears by heading out to the Harley store this morning, as Kevin needed just a few more parts for the new bike he is building. Kade came home sporting a new Looney Tunes Harley t-shirt before heading out to the shop to help Kevin. Later the bike roared to life for the first time.
We wrapped up the day at the Evansville baseball stadium where we watched the Evansville Otters play. As we entered the stadium, the announcer proclaimed it was a mere 91 degrees at 6:30 PM. I began melting promptly.
Nachos. Gatorade. Hamburgers. Hot Dogs. Popcorn.
Kevin loves baseball. Kade sat next to him for what I anticipate will be a memorable evening as he learned the game from his uncle.
The highlight of the game for the kids was a very animated argument between the Evansville coach and the umpire. The bases were loaded and the pitch hit the batter. The umpire called the batter out, as he said the batter swung the bat. I did see this (admittedly I missed some of the "action" throughout the evening), and I missed the swing. Nonetheless, it added some interest on the field and in the stands.
Though the entertainment between innings was varied...one was unforgettable.
The evening was topped off with a trip to Dairy Queen! Cool ice-cream treats are so refreshing on warm nights.
Lori did forget the fact that this trip interuppted our 18th year ann. today. Although all of the words of wisdom and insite are wonderful to read you are a true trooper to endure all I have sent your way. I love you and happy Anniversary to my beautiful bride.
ReplyDeleteLove Onry1
very cute blog sis! happy anniversary guys!!!
ReplyDelete