Monday, July 12, 2010

Boxes. Boxes. Boxes.

Details. Details. Details.

Amidst all the chaos of organizing my home and life, we joined friends for dinner Saturday night. It was a delightful treat at a little Japanese restaurant tucked away in our neighborhood. Then Jade insisted we have dessert at Yogurtouille in the neighboring community of San Mateo. The kids loved it! First they could choose whatever yogurt they wanted (from a wide selection) and then add toppings to their delight (...and my horror, as they generously compensated in candy for any healthy attributes the yogurt may have had..) Anyway, as they piled our cups onto the scale to determine the cost, I held my breathe, but in the end, I exhaled in relief.

The companionship of friends I do not take for granted in our frequent relocation. It was so wonderful to see familiar faces and hear familiar faces around the dinner table...it lightened my heart!

Last night I started unpacking my books, and admittedly, it is starting to feel a bit more like home. Chayse is anxiously waiting for me to read to her on the couch. There is something special about sharing a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment