I love books. I love how they feel. I love how they smell. But most of all I love reading the words that tumble out of them and the story they create.
With this knowledge, my husband carefully shopped for my birthday and my iPad arrived. As I touched that shiny black screen for the first time, I was like a little kid with a new toy...heart thumping, curious, excited, and apprehensive wrapped into one package!
I conveniently ordered my first book, The Help, from iBooks. In a few seconds, I could begin reading. With a swipe of a finger I could turn the virtual page. When the first unfamiliar word appeared, I gently touched the word and a dictionary popped up, and when it could not be found, I could google it. Nehi--an American flavored soft drink that arrived on the market in 1924, if you were curious.
Anyway, recently, I had started to explore electronic readers with uncertainty. Books are not conveneient to move...or store...thus I had decided I should explore the options. I love the library, but sometimes books are in demand (as was The Help with 96 holds on 94 copies all currently checked out). So my husband nudged my relunctance aside and catapulted me into the 21st century...and I love him for it.
Onward to the next book...Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love my iPad as well! I carry it with me like a book. Hope all is well. We miss you guys. It is so quiet on the street!
ReplyDeleteMegan
good work on the gift ron!!!
ReplyDelete