A bit nervously, I headed off to cross the Golden Gate Bridge with a GPS and general concept of where I was going. I discovered we really don't live that far from San Francisco, and that there are more Volkswagen Beetles in California than any other state we visited this summer, as the kids insisted on playing "Punch bug, no punch back" for the entire trip. Admittedly, I recall playing "Slug bug, no slug back" with my dear brother a few years ago. I suspect our slugs were not any more gentle than the punches being passed around my vehicle yesterday.
Nonetheless, I made it across the Golden Gate Bridge. I was the only vehicle with PA plates. Actually, I was disappointed, but I seldomly saw any out of state plates and there were a few cars on the freeways! We paused at the look out point after crossing the bridge.
It was a bit breezy and cold. The little girl who insisted on a swimsuit didn't grab a sweatshirt like her mother told her, and I suspect by the look on her face she wishes she would have!
The three musketeers gave me their signature pose...again.
My little man is so good natured. Despite often being the only boy, he is always ready to go and explore.
Morgan has also good-naturedly endured three weeks of crazy Klinghagen adventures. I have enjoyed viewing our trip through her eyes. I remember as we came over the last hill in Columbus, MT and I glanced into the rear view mirror and saw Morgan's face as she looked out at the Crazy Mountains. Soon her camera was clicking away. Those majestic, snow-capped mountains are simply irresistible.
Morgan flies out late this afternoon. We are so grateful for her families willingness to share her with us...we will miss her very much, but in the meantime, we are off on one more adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment