Friday, July 9, 2010

Delightful Day

For my birthday, we trekked to Moss Beach where the Fitzgerald Marine Reserve monitors the beach, and one can explore the sea life during low tide. At the head of the trail, we were all fascinated by this poster.



We were even more intrigued about the lost turtle after discovering what the reserved looked like. Everything is camouflaged.



Even the seals--which Chayse was the first to spot! They rest on the beach during low tide with their pups.



I loved the little pink snail next to the pink coral!



I adore this photo of Nikela exploring the reserve with her reflection in the water.



The birds flying overhead left me curious, and eventually, I learned they were Double-crested Cormorants.



This little gray harbor seal pup charmed me with those deep eyes.



He was busy too. He liked to swim. As we stood on the cliff overlooking the beach, we could hear the seals and watch them fight and bicker with each other. It was just like watching a group of kids as they barked at each other used their flippers to be ornery to each other.



Another curious pup!



As we enjoyed our clifftop walk, we entered the forest of Snow White according to Kiahra. I believe these are Cypress trees, but I have to agree they do seem a bit creepy...



and strange faces appeared!



A picturesque seal perch!



Though the temperatures were low (a mere 58 degrees), it was a beautiful afternoon. As we ventured down the coast we found the Pigeon Point Lighthouse. As you can see it was bit breezy!



The laughter, the barking seals, the crashing waves were all music to my ears--as I celebrated the beginning of a new decade in my life with my kids and husband!

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday sister! what a beautiful place to spend it! I miss you tons and your blog helps me feel closer... love the pics!

    ReplyDelete