Back to the beach, we drove on a beautiful Saturday morning (after much pleading and begging), but this time we headed a bit south of Half Moon Bay. However, the fog had settled in over the ocean, so as we drove we could not see the ocean...yet. We selected San Gregario Beach, which is a state park. As our motley crew trekked down to the ocean, our feet sank into warm sand. Creative driftwood art greeted us. A small inlet, held shallow water...that I suspect was warm. Our visibility on the beach was a quarter mile (the snow will no longer hinder our visibility...but fog will take it's place).

Without the warmth of the sun's rays, I comfortably sat on the beach wrapped in a towel. The rest of my adventurers scampered off to explore and play. I watched my little girls run and play in the ocean. If I closed my eyes I could see them almost ten years ago...holding hands and running across the park.

As I sat there wrapped in nostalgia, I realized I brought my other lens, so I could possibly take picture from afar! I loved it, as the girls didn't realize they were being photographed, so the authenticity of the moments were priceless. Holding tight to each other they braved the waves...

took a few tumbles...

...and got back up again...

and the playful shrieks continued.

Then the girls paused on the beach to wait until feeling returned to their frozen legs...

and looked for sea critters hiding in the sand.

Though Kade, Chayse, and daddy were uncovering critters on the quiet neighboring beach. Check out the cool videos Ron captured!

The tide helps all the little shrimp and crabs hide safely in the sand from the waiting seagulls.

The footprints have grown a bit through the years, but they still leave imprints on my soul!
Wow! Looks amazing! I don't know about the wiggly shrimp... but i bet the kids would loved it! Ron always finds the neat stuff!
ReplyDelete