Thursday, August 12, 2010

DMV

I returned. My documents complete. Smog free.

Do you have your plate?

You mean the one of my vehicle?

Yes.

Do you want me to go get it?

Yes.

Now?

Yes.

Out to the parking lot I go ill-equipped and wondering if I will be able to find a screwdriver. Pillaging through the odds and ends, I found our old Montana Rail Link key chain. A solid thin key chain. Perfect.

License plate delivered. New ones presented.

Back out in the parking lot I sat on the curb, and Montana Rail Link and I installed the front plate and then around back for the rear plate as I pondered the irony of Montana Rail Link. Billings, MT was our first move. We shipped wool to South Carolina on this train.

Finished. Officially Californian.

Did I mention that I was pulled over the other day for a brake light that was out? The policeman carefully quizzed me on where I was going and why I was there. I know he was trying to determine how long I had been in Foster City, and if I was in violation of the 20 day registration and license policy.

Safe to drive again.

DMV Proficiency: misspelled the street name and overcharged me $202.00 for my vehicle registration yesterday. Mistakes corrected today. I should receive my refund in 3 weeks...or so. I wonder why the rules are different for them? I must license in 20 days or fees accrue. I think I should receive my refund today or fees accrue...daily.

Thoughts??

2 comments:

  1. Oh boy!!!! I'm glad you had a sense of humor through all of that;
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guess: They will send the refund in three months instead of three weeks - and send it to the misspelled street address. ;-)

    ReplyDelete