Brad Paisley sings "Waitin' on Woman," and as much as I hate to admit it my husband waits on a woman too...well, sometimes women (all four). Kade is already familiar with the reality that when a girl says it will just be a minute it may be a bit longer, but nonetheless he waits patiently too (though if the two of them can escape--they will in the blink of an eye). However, as he sits here beside me this morning he is giggling because he read the first line of my blog, and when he told me he liked that song, I asked him if it was true and if he really minded, and he silently pleaded the fifth with twinkling eyes and laughter.
As we were updating information at the bank yesterday (yes, as Ron waited), the banker commented on our pretty young girls keeping their dad waiting, and I could hear the song in my head.
"...Boy it's just a fact of life
It'll be the same with your young wife
Might as well go on and get used to it
She'll take her time 'cause you don't mind
Waitin' on a woman
I've read somewhere statistics show
The man's always the first to go
And that makes sense 'cause I know she won't be ready..."
Sunday, August 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I loved this!
ReplyDelete"when a girl says it will just be a minute it may be a bit longer" so true.
The best thing to remember is when your waiting in the vehicle don't leave it runnning as it costs you way more than time!
ReplyDeleteRon