1:44. The time I spent at the Department of Motor Vehicles today.
I am not sure I have ever renewed my driver's license. Instead I just get a new one every few years. Despite the frequency, I have yet to have a good photo. I am particularly worried about this one. The young man taking pictures was very disinterested in his job and the line was long.
I also have had the "opportunity" to take a few written tests through the years. I passed another one today. Whew!
Tomorrow I must return with my smog test and Ron's signature, and my Yukon will sport California plates. For the price of the plates, the simple white plate is disappointing. Maybe some gold inlays would make me feel better.
The lady assisting me warned me that due to system furloughs the office may not be open Friday. Then the gentleman behind me in one of the many lines I was standing in today told me he had arrived at 8 AM when the DMV begins daily operations, but the doors didn't open until 9:30 AM. Evidently, the state just operates on a day to day budget and that determines the hours of access?
Equally fascinating was my vehicle inspection. Another kind gentleman came out to inspect my vehicle and examine the VIN number. I opened the hood for him where he studied the stickers for a long time before hesitantly asking, "It is a diesel?" His question as a statement format made me pause, but a I gazed at the motor I answered definitively, "NO. It operates on gas and E85. No diesel."
In happier news, but equally demosntrative of the proficiency in the California government offices operate, Nikela was finally enrolled at her local high school...after freshman orientation was over. Tomorrow we are scheduled to register. I cleared the whole afternoon...just in case.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This would have been much easier if you would have moved to Big Twig!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLaurie