Thursday, August 19, 2010

Zoo

Happy Birthday to you,
You live in a zoo,
You look like a monkey,
And you smell like one too!

My brother would taunt me with this modified version of Happy Birthday. I know he drove me crazy, and I am sure we drove my mother crazy with our banter...so mom, I dedicate this song to you for your birthday today. A complimentary trip down memory lane to remind you to enjoy the peace and quiet of the office on your special day!

However, I did go to the San Francisco Zoo yesterday. Nikela went to school, and the rest of my monkeys piled in along with three extras. In the last post, my husband pointed out that I live in a zoo, but sometimes a change of scenery is nice!



Speaking of primates...the little guy was adorable.





My personal favorite of the day was an African bird...can't recall the name. Love his color!



The hair...utterly fantastic. (Breathe, mom, I think I will leave this 'do to the bird who can carry it off!)



The gardener was pulling special treats for the tortoises, and Kade was his first helper and scored the largest beet!



The black swan sports a look that could freeze kids in their tracks. I am going to practice it.



Perhaps the swan is just daring you not to enjoy your special day, Mom! We love you and miss you!

No comments:

Post a Comment