Thursday, August 26, 2010

UV Index

Yesterday, as I was scoping out the weather page, I discovered the UV Index. As I studied the index, I was not even remotely suprised that the forecast was a 10 on a scale of one to ten. Frankly, I didn't need an index to tell me the sun is hot here. I already knew that if you were outside for an hour without sunscreen even my tanned arms would be red. No one even sells sunscreen with an SPF below 50. There is no point.

As record temperatures fell here and I enjoyed the feel of summer along with most citizens, it was hot.

It was so hot that the CalTrain had to slow down the trains to reduce damage to the heat softened tracks. The BART (subway) was slowed to 25 mph. Stores dimmed their lights to conserve energy.

Summer is over again. It was 57 degrees again this morning...and I am not complaining!

1 comment:

  1. People just don't understand that record heat in the bay area is unlike record heat anywhere else! San Francisco buildings do not have air conditioning. :-)

    ReplyDelete