Many years ago, my husband and brother would terrorize the coons on the river bottom.
In recent years, the raccoons have begun terrorizing us (I am sure it is for revenge).
In Pittsburgh, a scrawny, hungry raccoon would come pillage the dog food nightly, though he did manage to get "treed" by Duke on our deck one night, but mostly Duke just loved to chase him back into the woods.
THEN last night (merely one month into my California adventure) I awoke to something crashing into the backyard fence. My husband jumped out of bed as the neighbor dog began barking wildly. A raccoon (think 55 gallon barrel with hair) had slammed into the fence and was clawing his way up with legs too short to negotiate his round belly. Unsuccessful, he headed back to the dog dish and began chomping on dog food. Other than the crunching of food, the quiet allowed me to drift back into dreamland...until the bandit slammed into the fence again! The dog began to bark wildly. Repeat. Repeat.
I did not leave the comfort of my bed to investigate, as Ron had it under control and I knew I was safe in my warm bed even though it sounded like a bear was charging my fence; however, after listening to Ron's rendition, I assure you that I will get up tonight to see this critter. Now I am curious. Now I will leave my cozy bed.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment