As I was carefully navigating the slush and ice amidst the new snowfall this evening, I passed a familiar church and glanced at the billboard.
"If you are praying for snow, please stop."
LOL. We have had snow every day for almost 2 weeks. I really don't mind. Chayse thinks the world is sparkling! However, admittedly once it figures out how to snow here, it doesn't stop...like the rain.
For the first time today, I missed the wind in Big Timber. I am tired of shoveling neatly blanketed snow...a little drifting would sure help me out here. The wet, heavy shovelfuls make my arms feel like noodles after an hour. The front stoop had eight inches of snow on it this morning (partly because Ron had knocked snow from the roof), and I decided that I should probably clear it off in anticipation of more snow and for safety. Eventually, I made it to the 2-4 inches of ice at the bottom. Utilizing the ice chipper I went to work. I almost had it completely clean when my arms stopped responding to my brain. Of course my noodle arms were incapable of folding laundry now...
Then tonight when I returned home from dropping Kiahra at the ballet studio, I started on our long driveway. First six inches of snow---nice and fluffy. Then the slush and ice. More chipping. Almost halfway done and snow begins cascading from the roof with help from my husband. Well, I really didn't want to clean the other half anyway...plus it was conveniently time to start gathering children up again. In my absence, the neighbor lady came out and called to my husband that she was concerned that I wasn't allowing him in the house that he had to be perched on top of it. Next time Ron wants a red scarf and googles over a Snoopy mask...he could be the Red Baron! Actually, we just keep the neighbors entertained, as they never know what those crazy folks from Montana might do next. Bankers don't tie themselves off and climb onto a roof three stories high.
The good news is that shoveling and chipping have become so much a part of my routine, I no longer wake up sore. Do you think it will qualify as a training program of some sort? Sadly, a few weeks ago I was just thinking my exercise routine needed some variety...well, that is what I get for thinking!
Ron reports that four more inches have accumulated since I shovelled two hours ago...say, isn't it "sunny" San Francisco??
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I die! GOL! (I "giggled out loud", but thought I better explain myself since that is probably not official text language). I am tired of the cold too. I just checked the weather in San Fran and it is 55 at 10pm. Now that I could handle...or warmer, but I am in no position to be picky.
ReplyDeleteI love snoopy! Ron, good job on tying off...
I miss y'all!
We have a snowblower in the garage. With your post, I got to thinking I should learn how to use the beast of a machine.
ReplyDeleteOn the bright side - amazing arms. Go Lori!