Saturday, February 13, 2010

Service

My internet service is inconsistent today, as it has been for the past couple weeks. I called the tech utterly frustrated today, and after he instructed me through several steps I had already tried via the software on my laptop that is designed to identify and correct problems, he arranged for a service call on Wednesday, February 17, as he mumbled apologetically something about being busy with the weather "up there". I breathed very deeply. Still breathing.

I can deal with snow. I can deal with cancellations. I can deal with limited groceries. I can deal with almost anything...BUT don't mess with my internet!!

I tell myself that it is fine, that I don't need modern technology to exist, but within minutes of the internet crashing, I wanted to access my on-line recipe box. Sheesh. I start leafing through my magazines to find what I was looking for. Not proficient at all. I did manage to make it through the moment though.

Then Kade asked me a question, and I had to answer, "I am sorry. I don't know." No quick rescue from the world of internet info.

We need a few accessories for the new bathroom...oops...nevermind I might actually have to go in the store!

My library books are due. No on-line renewal today. I may have to make a trip to the library...but I can't remember which ones are due??

Co-dependency crosses my mind.

Then my mind races...what if someone tries to reach me...what if I receive an important email that needs my attention...what if...

Really, Lori...get a grip. It will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment