No big surprise...no school. Roads still are not fully cleared. Electrical services are still being restored throughout the region. I did see a headline this morning that a couple deaths over the weekend were attributed to carbon monoxide as people sought to keep warm without electricity.
Admittedly, last Friday I was humored by the hordes of people headed to the grocery store, but today, I am going to join them. The forecast claims more snow is on the way for the rest of the week, but 6 more inches is supposed to fall tomorrow. I suspect this may close everything for the rest of the week, so I am going to be prepared this time. I thought I was more than prepared last time...and I was (and probably still am...); however, I was not prepared for the challenges in snow removal in a city that does not regularly experience snow. Evidently, Pittsburgh only gets 12 inches of snow at a time every 15 years or so...so obviously they are not well-equipped. What do I know?? This storm is the fourth worst in the history of Pittsburgh. It is so different for me...it just seems like it should snow like this here...
Anyway, far more disconcerting than the snow is my love of power...electricity, that is. However, my children may argue this...and perhaps my husband :) Nonetheless, I love heat. I love hot water. I love warm ovens. I love my stove. Of course, I do not always love my appliances until the threat that they may cease to be operational looms...then I fall in love again. Ironic, isn't it? Just in time for Valentine's Day.
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha cute tie in with the vday! i bet your tired of being snowed in... usually you make my head spin with all the running you do for kid activites!
ReplyDelete