Friday, March 12, 2010

Friday...

The week in review...

The snow has been melting all week. The temperatures have climbed to 60 for the first time in several months! Rain was in the forecast, but it didn't arrived until today!! Thus keeping the flooding at bay for a few more days.

My yard...it has grass! It has been white so long that I almost forgot. Of course, my yard was the first one in the neighborhood to melt. 1. It receives direct afternoon sun. 2. The snow has been trampled by my darling little chil'uns. I anticipate my front yard will be snow free by tonight.

In other news, I confiscated my "new" athletic shoes back. They are far more comfortable than Nikela's. However, I have to admit that I was proud to hear that when the pole vaulting exercises began Nikela did well. She was required to pull herself up the rope and then lift her legs/body over her head--which she did successfully. I don't know anything about pole vaulting, but I suspect that I will soon, as will you!

(Ad) House hunting from afar is made possible by modern technology. It is a fabulous way to uncover all the possibilities. Disclaimer: California rent may cause serious side effects.

Yesterday I took off to run errands and shop a bit. I am so excited to have my anniversary diamond back, as it had to be resized. It looks fabulous all polished...I barely recognize it! Oohh...and I found a cute, light, casual jacket that just couldn't stay on the rack. I can never find a jacket that fits, but this one has a fabulous drawstring in the back that really works to bring the waist in a bit!! Now, I will have to return to the mall for the perfect capris and shirt. (Very convenient don't you think?)

However, I have to admit that marketing to women has ingenious label makers. Yesterday I tried on a pair of crop jeans. The size?? 2. Yep. 2. I could even button and zip them! I am not a size two. Once upon a time in junior high I may have been; however, I love upscale stores for this. I can drop several sized by just stepping inside. I am only annoyed by the temporary weight loss. Admittedly, it easy to fall into their ploy, so buyers be aware!

Pittsburghers are ensuring we are familiar with their local dialect. Yinz and Yuns are basically the northern version of y'all. We have not acquired this usage in our home, so Kade's guitar teacher had him practice a few lines of authentic Pittsburghese. Breathe in. Harmless dialect. Breathe out. Increase language awareness. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Finally, Ron will be home this afternoon...just in time for the rain! I can't wait!

In the meantime, off to the orthodontist to repair a broken brace. Just a few more weeks, and Kade will have his braces off...though I think he has officially started the countdown!

Good morning...and have a wonderful day.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are really coming around. I love that the snow is finally melting for you guys - nothing like seeing grass to jump start spring fever.

    And a size 2?! I would have bought them in every color, wash, style! I have never fit into size 2, except maybe in 2nd grade.

    There is much I wanted to say about your last post, but I deleted my comments before publishing each time - never knowing the perfect thing to say. It haunted me.

    The kids sound like they are really doing well. The pride you feel comes through loud and clear. They are lucky, lucky kids.

    XOXO

    Val

    ReplyDelete