
It is a song I taught with the novel, The Things They Carried. The song was a hit for Peter, Paul, and Mary in the 60s.
Now my son is dancing around the house singing about lemons. His father called him earlier and told him we officially have a home in San Francisco now. And then his big sell..."It has a lemon tree in the backyard covered in lemons."
Without missing a beat, Kade immediately replies, "I can sell lemonade."
I need to introduce him to the realtor, as she will love the way he thinks. She is a delightful little lady with an aptitude for business also.
As an aside, she talks even more than I do. We have forged a good relationship because I bartered with her. Honestly I was afraid I would offend her, but instead I think she loved it! Then of course, the deal was one we couldn't refuse in the end. Smart lady.
I had forgotten about the tree...until the dancing.
Nikela's response: "Seriously? What happened to apples? Seriously? Wait, when did lemons grow on trees? Seriously?"
Eventually she processed the information. "There is a lemon tree in our backyard. It is going to be all sour." (Note: An amazing apple tree grew in our backyard in Montana.)
Kiahra is envisioning tall, cool glasses of lemonade on warm summer afternoons on the patio. My little Chex queen needs to expand her repertoire to include lemonade...I know it will be the best, ever.
Daddy is quite popular in my house now, and when questioned why he was so cool...in text, he responded, "Now I can watch the lemons grow."
Sheesh...who needs fruit with all this personality?
Nnice!!! I love my nephews and nieces soo much! Kade. haha. Too funny!
ReplyDelete