3:45 AM Alarm sounds. Sleepily I pull on my jeans and t-shirt.
4:00 AM Depart for airport.
4:10 AM Stop for cash. The cash machine isn't working, so Ron settles for a cup of coffee.
4:45 AM Navigate morning rush at the airport. Say good-bye...
4:50 AM Almost awake, now and the GPS directs me back home again, except this time, ironically, I am paying attention and take the first turn it tells me. Thus embarking me on the longest, most unfamiliar route home.
5:19 AM I pull into the driveway.
5:22 AM Ron calls. His flight has been delayed five minutes prior to boarding.
5:31 AM Tune into the morning news. I reluctantly step onto the elliptical.
5:47 AM Now I know why I don't bother with the morning news. 14 more minutes to go.
6:10 AM Finally, the weather report which is the only good news for the day...48 degrees!! Spoke to soon...flood warnings follow.
6:17 AM Check on Ron. The crew is MIA, so the airline is trying to find replacements.
6:27 AM Step into the shower.
6:58 AM Heat the griddle and begin frying sausage and hash browns. Cut grapefruit.
7:19 AM Cook eggs. Add toast.
7:21 AM Nikela bounds downstairs, "Mom, may I use your shoes for track today? I don't have gym today, so I might not have time to grab my shoes from my locker." I hesitate...MY new, expensive running shoes?? With resignation, I sigh and nod.
7:25 AM Breakfast's ready!
7:47 AM Nikela hollers upstairs for Kiahra. I freeze. This confirms that the Chilean earthquake did indeed knock the earth off its axis. The planets cannot be aligned if Nikela is telling Kiahra it is time to go.
8:00 AM Phone rings. Ron is still waiting for a flight.
8:15 AM Comb Chayse's hair. No tears today. Whew!
8:23 AM Start dishwasher.
8:32 AM Leave for the bus stop.
8:40 AM Back from the bus stop. The birds are chirping.
8:45 AM Remote start the Yukon. I love a warm seat on a brisk morning at 28 degrees.
8:50 AM Depart for preschool.
9:11 AM Home again.
9:12 AM Make tea.
9:16 AM Blog.
9:46 AM Ron boards his flight.
9:48 AM I realize I am completely exhausted. Six hours into my day, and it has barely begun.
Sunday, March 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh Lori. I am exhausted for you just READING this!
ReplyDeleteP.S. I miss you!
ReplyDelete