Monday, January 18, 2010

Birthday Parties

It started a rainy, misty, very gray day...on which two birthday parties were scheduled. At 9 AM I trekked to BounceU for Preschool open bounce. Thankfully, I had reservations, as the line was extensive since school was out today. Anyway, Chayse met three friends and they bounced around...literally. I was amazed at how quickly they could move--in different directions. I was thankful a couple moms were there, as it helped me relax a bit.

Meanwhile, at home Kiahra was preparing lunch for us. After we arrived, she did a great job of serving it too :) Chayse insisted that she wanted the rainbow cake with chocolate icing and chocolate cake (there was no negotiating the details...) carefully crafted at CostCo and served with "pink" ice-cream. Many years ago I would have made the cake, but these days I gladly complete the order form and send my husband to pick it up!





Plus then Kiahra did an outstanding job of entertaining the kids. She even navigated the wii with them!



In the meantime, Ron rescheduled Kade's party to accommodate a movie instead of snow tubing, as all the rain yesterday made conditions poor. Avatar was the show of the hour...a very long two and a half hours.

As I said farewell to the preschool gang shortly after 2 o'clock, the 10 year olds returned home with energy to spare. Letting the preschoolers work up a sweat at BounceU was an excellent game plan; whereas, boys sitting quietly for an extended period of time was not as well planned. Though they did play well despite all their energy, but I did ask them to take cops and robbers outside where the late afternoon sun had broke through with temperature in the 40's.



A pesky sister appears to share the birthday limelight. It is good to share with a sister. Builds character.



Obviously, nerf guns are met with universal approval, and thus emerged the entertainment. Of course, they are best tested on sisters...

The boys (except for the ones in the neighborhood) are gone. The house is quiet. I am tired, but happy. Unbelievably it has been a great day. All the kids were excellent. The extra sets of hands helped me relax and smile through the details.

I have learned through the years to keep it simple and everyone will have fun. I hope that was true today.

No comments:

Post a Comment