Wednesday, April 13, 2011


Abstract art created by Kade.

Watching him tap his paint brush patiently this morning, I was entranced as I assited art in the classroom. Grandpa's funeral was this morning too.

For the first time, I almost understand abstract art. It is random. Unexpected. Unpredictable. Like life. Like death.

What we take from it (art and life) depends on how we look at it.

My heart is squeezed tightly. I blink back tears. I realize there is no easy way to let go.

It rained this morning. The drops splattered on the window in the wind. Nature cried with me.

This afternoon the sun is peeking through the clouds, and more art has appeared.



I love the six-year-old perspective and tribute to her Grandpa. She didn't forget your smile or your coffee, Grandpa!

The rocky journey through loss is difficult to embrace.

In my heart, I find comfort in the vibrancy of life lived. My father-in-law lived life with color and passion. In the beginning, I was surprised by the color, but he was true to his character...and I grew to love it.

I will miss your physical presence, but I suspect your passion will manifest itself in your grandchildren...to keep life from getting dull...and I will see your smile in those moments and hear that familiar chuckle.

******************************

Kade, would you like to see what I am writing?

I don't know. Is it going to make me cry?

Why?

I can see it in your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment