Saturday, April 16, 2011

"Mom, I want to go to church Sunday."

I stopped everything and studied my son carefully. I wanted to make sure he wasn't ill, gravely ill.

Finally, even though I desperately wanted to pretend he was seeking spiritual growth, I asked, "Why?"

Grinning from ear to ear, he told me that the girl's mother wanted to meet dad and me after church. They want to get to know us, so they can take the him to the movies with the girl.

My mind buzzed. She goes to our church too?? Her mother wants to take you to the movies?? Is she sane?? Whatever happened to passing notes in the fifth grade?? Whispering on the playground?? Secrecy?? (So my heart doesn't fail?)

How did the boy who torments his sisters mercilessly end up here? He should know better than to even consider a girlfriend. He should know how much trouble girls are.

Instead, much to my horror, I observed his charismatic approach today, and I decided his understanding of the female psyche is way beyond his years.

So much for my well-laid theory. How could I have been so wrong?

I need a plan to combat this craziness.

1 comment:

  1. bahahahaha I can laugh at you because im not there yet!

    ReplyDelete