Friday, April 1, 2011

A Red Bike

During my 10 mile bike ride this morning, my thoughts and observations flitted to and fro...like the butterflies.

The sunshine feels good.

80 degrees today..again!

Boy, I hope I can ride a cool red trike like that at his age!

My tires buzz on the path that is surrounded with color as plants and flowers bloom.

I wonder what I should make for dinner tonight.

Check out the crazy looking ducks floating peacefully in the placid waters of high tide.

I remember my father-in-law grumbling once that he would know he was dying when his oldest daughter called.

She called yesterday.

A couple meanders down the path. She on her cell phone, he on his, texting, holding hands, but not connected. I want to yell at them to put down the phones...look in other's eyes, listen from the heart, laugh from the belly...LIVE. Life is short.

I pass a biker...and another.

I can feel the warmth of the sun on my skin. I am grateful for the gentle breeze off the bay.

Tomorrow morning my husband has to be at the airport at 4 AM. My daughter has to be at the high school by 6:30 AM. The track meet is south of San Jose...let's see...if I leave at 8 AM I could probably be there in time...

My mind flashes back to a title of a book I stumbled upon earlier this week, Things To Do Today. Are you kidding me?? Who would buy such a book? Tomorrow is the first day of spring break, and as I am scheduling in my head, I haven't even made it past 10 AM...at which point I will have been up for 6 hours!!

The pain in my butt is becoming more real...just ignore it...it will go away...maybe...

Hey! Did the biker I passed a mile back just pass me?? Okay maybe his calves look like he has a few more miles under his belt...or maybe he didn't like a girl passing him up? lol

Pick up the pace, girl. Burning legs? Work harder. Focus.

Slowly I gain on him. I am beginning to understand the psychology of the simulated screens on the bikes at the gym.

Finally, after a mile, I reach him. I slow a bit to make sure I have the strength and stamina to pass him again.

Of course, I do.

Girl Power!!

A strong finish thanks to my unsuspecting competitor.

Now, I have one hour before I have to pick up Chayse from kindergarten.

The jasmine is starting to bloom along my house. I can't wait until the sweet scent greets me in the evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment