Luckily, I have decided that I merely exist in the eye of the storm at all times with two teenagers. It is all good. Just no wrong moves. No pressure. No stress.
April 23, 1998. Thirteen years later, I find myself on the streets of San Francisco in Union Square. Shopping with my "little" girl is always an adventure, and today was no exception. A designer store enticed her...so we entered and explored and tried on wonderfully cute outfits. I can't recall the name...such details escape me these days. The security guard was so carefully hidden by the door he surprised my little angel. He stood so still it was almost creepy!
Next we went to a jewelry store, so Kiahra could pick out her charm bracelet and first charm from her daddy and me. A flower adorns her bracelet. It is similar to the flower she is always doodling. For me, it represents the blossoming of a young woman.
Lunch. Shopping. More shopping. Home again.
Every moment I cherished because I kept remembering my little girl when she was just a tiny bug. A busy little bee that could find something messy anywhere. Her little cherub face would grin up at me. A blanket was generally trailing her every step. Oh, and that little dolly with two long pigtail braids that went everywhere too. Her hair is matted now, and one eye doesn't open and shut consistently anymore, but I still have it because I can't let go of her now...dolly and the little girl who loved her so.
Look at the hand, as Kiahra holds her beloved dolly...the years have only changed the size :)
Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! Mommy loves you!
When I think of Kiahra she is still little and has the sweetest face with just a tad bit of dirt on it!
ReplyDelete2 teens, 1 more to go! Yippee!
Laurie
She has always been a fashionista... since she could walk she was picking out the cutest stuff! miss your faces xoxo
ReplyDelete