Little boys love trucks...Big boys love trucks too. For my little boy, he loved the fact both of his grandpas drive trucks.
As we cruised down the freeway yesterday afternoon enroute to Santa Barbara, Kiahra commented that one of the trucks we had just passed was from Montana. It is family habit to notice truckers--almost subconscious.
Anyway, it reminded me of the day I was headed to Billings, Montana several years ago with the younger kids...or was it all the kids...I can't remember, but as I rounded the curve near Reedpoint, I noticed the truck I was passing was Grandpa Klinghagen's. A few minutes later, I was dialing the Klinghagen home, as the kids clamored excitedly. Grandma called Grandpa on his cell phone and he pulled over in Columbus. We piled into the truck stop booth and ate and chatted with Grandpa K. A random, fun moment in the life of a truck driver. We hugged him good-bye.
******************************************
Today Grandma selected a memory box for Grandpa Klinghagen. She was delighted to find one with a Peterbilt emblem and engraved rose. His ol' Peterbilt has been a faithful partner for many years.
With a twinkle in her eye, I can see the smile on Grandma's face from here...so pleased to be able to captures the heart and the essence of Grandpa.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
THis gave me tears AND a smile... i am sorry for your loss. Love you guys. Please pass around hugs from us.
ReplyDelete