Sunday, April 25, 2010

Birthday Celebrations...continued

Nikela, Kiahra, and a few friends gathered on April 24 for lunch at Olive Garden. As the girls gathered around their corner table to celebrate, their conversation kept me entertained. Though I did love the bag that one friend filled with balloons. She used the small water balloons minus the water. It was a fun way to present a gift, and as Kiahra shared the balloons one popped quit unexpectedly in the quietest girl's hands. Young girls love the element of surprise.

Afterwards, we piled into the Yukon and headed to the mall, and the planning began. Finally, we reached the mall and the girls' were off and running. Well, not exactly running, they meandered through their stores of choice trying things on and well, shopping. My little entourage was very good. Of course, the afternoon slipped away too quickly, and soon I was dropping girls off at their homes.

As I pulled into our driveway, Nikela and Kiahra told me thank you...making my heart all warm and fuzzy. However, as I climbed the stairs the exhaustion hit me. Keeping pace with young girls shopping made the couch look mighty inviting.

As Ron and Nikela headed out to find her requested cake, I put my feet up.

We topped off the day with Dairy Queen ice-cream cake...a family favorite. The musical notes perfect for Miss Nikela.

Another year begins with new numbers. The future awaits impatiently.

1 comment:

  1. As much as I miss you guys, I just remembered I don't miss shopping with you and now if your girls tire you out.....oh boy!
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete