As I sat on the deck last night enjoying supper with the kids, the sun slowly sank behind the woods. Seldom does the sunset here capture my attention, as I favor the vibrant prairie and mountain sunsets; however, it was the most beautiful picture as I gazed out across the woods and watched the fireball radiated through the trees. My attempt to capture the essence was feeble at best due to the fact I was so enraptured that I just sat there in awe before reaching for my my camera.
A bright spring day dawned to make a Friday especially fine, and Kade was dressed and outside long before the bus was due. Eventually, he meandered back in with a request. "Mom, look at these pictures." My little man has discovered my camera. I was delighted with his angle on our blooming tree.
Back to reality.
Friday. Preschool. The Kids Sale.
This sale is a major fundraiser for the preschool. Folks line up early and wait patiently for the doors to open. Behind the doors, everyone is scrambling to get in position taking last minute instructions for their volunteer posts. The array of goods for kids are donated by the families of Bellwood, past, present, and future...and some that are shared merely through generosity.
Well, I survived my shift, though my favorite people are the dads that are completely unprepared for the craziness.
"Is it always like this?" they ask as they timidly approach the crowds and apprehensively eye the long, long lines.
Afterwards, I picked Chayse up from preschool next door. To avoid the crowds we walked behind the church...all alone on what Chayse proclaimed was the "nature trail". It was still a bit groomed for my perception of nature, but it was quiet and the woods were nearby. As we approached the car, we walked beneath a mature row of trees in full bloom. As the breeze blew some of the beautiful pink blossoms fluttered gently to the ground to Chayse's utter delight.
"Mommy, I feel like a flower girl," she proclaimed as she skipped through the blossoms.
Each child shares a different angle, but to my utter delight, it is always a whimsical, fresh perspective.
No comments:
Post a Comment