Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Due Date

14 years ago, I was waiting very impatiently for a baby that was supposed to arrive on April 7. To entertain myself, I often would spend the afternoons at my sister's track meets.

I think about this today, as I head to my daughter's track meet this afternoon. She informed me this morning that her birthday is only 3 days away. I wanted to tell her she could have had her birthday a couple weeks ago if she had arrived on time.

Of course, Nikela still arrives on her terms...just ask her dad.

In the meantime, I am grateful for a beautiful, sunny day to enjoy the track meet...and that I am not pregnant and waiting. Though I have to say, I am not real sure the days have ever been that long again, as time seems to be gaining momentum...

2 comments:

  1. That was an exciting time for all of us! I remember playing my trumpet so that i could see her move around in your beautiful baby belly!

    ReplyDelete