News Flash--Kiahra stubbed her toe...again. Well it is not really anything new, her toes are always in the way, and admittedly, I fear she may have inherited her lack of "toe" awareness from me. The frequency of toe injuries that Kiahra manages to inflict has made the occurrence so commonplace that sometimes, I don't pay proper attention to her complaint. Until she comes home from school and informs me that the PE teacher confirmed she broke her big toe. I asked her when it happened and she told me Sunday...and I said, but you told me you hurt one of your toes...was it Friday?
"Oh," she nonchalantly stated, "that was a different toe."
Sheesh...you need to work with me here! So I finally decide to take a look at her toe so when her teacher calls I will know what she is talking about. I uncover a very swollen, bruised toe. Her daddy had already told her just to tape it to the next toe because there is not much to be done for broken toes.
After much searching I found the medical tape, and we taped her toes before she went to ballet. Sometimes I wonder if she will have to insure her feet someday...I know I won't be the one gambling her toes safety.
Anyway, when I picked her up from ballet she made herself comfortable in the front seat with her barefoot on the dash...and I had to look twice, but she had reinforced the medical tape with black electrical tape.
I laughed as I listened to her explanation of the necessity of the black tape. Then I told her that Grandpa would be proud because he can fix anything with black electrical tape.
Of course Kiahra was immediately proud of herself with the realization that her ingenuity was in her blood! Next she proclaimed it was an excellent story for my next blog...so here is to toes and tape, folks!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha! luv her!
ReplyDelete