Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Double Eeeekkk!

Yesterday, as I was chatting with my husband, he saw his favorite biologist approaching. His affinity for her was evident in his description; however, luckily I do not have jealous tendencies.

Anyway, he was off to escort her to the job site. Upon arrival, she scrambled up the water pipe where she perched with her binoculars in search of mice. When she was finished she clamored down and headed back to her car. She slid into her Saab and drove off in her now creosote-covered pants.

"Ron!" I gasp.

"I am sure she figured it out." I could see his nonchalant shrug through the phone.

As my mind raced to find a counter-argument to his approach, I realized I couldn't. I know she doesn't care much for my husband. I know she doesn't listen to him. I know she thinks he is just a dumb ol' miner. I am sure her condescension leaves nothing to the imagination. Maybe there really wasn't anything to say...

On another note, I know I am just a farmer's daughter, but aren't mice nocturnal? If one was seeking them, wouldn't it be best to look at dusk or dawn--not mid-day? Just wondering...

No comments:

Post a Comment