Chatting with my husband last night, as he was finishing up at work and I was getting kids ready for bed (the time change adds an interesting dynamic), he told me he was going to see Iron Man 2 at the IMAX later.
Admittedly, sometimes I am envious of his freedom in California; however, as soon as he uttered the word IMAX my body instinctively recoiled.
A year or so ago, I took the kids to the Carnegie Science Center which is always a fun day! It is filled with hands-on science experiments...and an IMAX theatre. This particular day, I decided to treat the kids to a show, as Ron was going to be working late.
I can't even remember which show we saw. What I do remember are the waves of nausea hitting me so hard I didn't think I would survive. Simultaneously, Chayse whimpered and crawled into my lap burying her head. Together we curled up with eyes shut tight seeking solace from the sickness we felt within. After an eternity in our "perfect" seats (middle and center) the show finally drew to an end. As the rest of the gang was bubbling over with enthusiasm, I was just focusing on putting one foot in front of the other to exit the theatre without throwing up. As the daylight greeted me I felt relief, but not from my symptoms of nausea--they stuck with me for the rest of the evening. I hadn't felt so nauseous since my pregnancy with Kade. My former love of all adventurous, spinning, twirling carnival rides had officially been reduced to intolerance for even the perception of motion. Though, interestingly, I have dicovered that I can enjoy a good roller coaster ride!
Anyway, I hope my husband enjoyed the show, but like I said, I was only too happy to find my cozy bed for the night. The memory of that day has not dimmed at all. Just recalling the details makes me queasy...
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment